Date: Saturday 27th July | 10:00am – 4:00pm | Admission: Book in advance £35 (concs £30, Friends £25)
LV21 hosts Landscapes of the Estuary Photography field trip in partnership with the Museum of London Docklands.
Discover the beautiful and timeless landscapes that lie just beyond the edge of our city. Explore the remote tranquillity of the Estuary with local experts and professional photographers, before ending the day at the world-famous Whitstable Oyster Festival.
- The field trip leaves by coach from London Bridge station at 10am and will return to London Bridge Station at 7.20pm.
- The coach will stop at four locations along the Estuary: Cliffe, Chatham, Lower Halstow and Whitstable.
- At each location you will be encouraged to explore the estuary through walks and group discussions. You will be set photographic tasks that will engage you with key elements of the landscape at each location.
- Lunch will be spent aboard LV21, a historic 40-metre steel-hulled lightship which has been transformed into a floating art space and performance facility. Bring a packed lunch and explore this incredible vessel with an exhibition and talk.
- The trip ends at the world famous Whitstable Oyster Festival where you will have 1.5 hours to explore the town with your camera and soak up the atmosphere. Some participants may prefer to stay in Whitstable to watch the sun go down and sample the gastronomic delights of the festival.
- For participants not planning to return on the coach at 6pm, it is advisable to book ahead to secure restaurant reservations and lower tariff train fares. The train takes 1hr30min from Whitstable to London Victoria. The last train departs at approx. 10.30pm and arrives at London Victoria at approx. midnight in time for the last tubes. Full train travel details should be checked closer to the time.
- This field trip is suitable for participants with basic to advanced photography skills, but not complete beginners. Participants will need to provide their own cameras.
- Please bring a packed lunch and pocket money for oysters and crab cakes!
10:00 Depart London Bridge Station
11:15 Arrive Gravesend Reach
12.30 Depart Gravesend Reach
12.50 Arrive Chatham Docks
13:00 Lunchtime talk and exhibition aboard LV21, Chatham
14:00 Depart Chatham Docks
14:30 Arrive Lower Halstow
15:30 Depart Lower Halstow
16:15 Arrive Whitstable
18:00 Depart Whitstable
19:20 Arrive London Bridge Station
Book online or call 020 7001 9844 – (Archived event)